Willard Homewood Handyman recommendations
This list was originally compiled in 2009 from posts to the WHOMAIL
listserv. They are organized by person contributing the recommendation
on line starting with "FROM:" and year on end of the line .
Quoted recommendations are indented.
Name and contact info for Handy persons is preceded by an asterisk.
This list is maintained by Fred Olson. Please send updates to Fred:
fholson [at] cohousing.org 612-588-9532
Also there is a long printed list of trades people posted inside the front door of
North End Hardware and Rental 3117 Penn Ave N (just south of Lowry)
612-529-9151 northendhdwr [at] aol.com The store has gotten favorable reviews on
the mailing list and offers good advice for the DIY types.
FROM: Jim Long 2009
* Chris Elpers, 2319 Upton Av N, 612-203-5403.
"I know he sometimes takes smaller jobs, e.g., window or door
FROM: Michael and Barbara Clark 2009
"Rick McClain is a man who lives in Willard Hay and who does great
work-we have used him numerous times."
Does: Remodeling, Electrical, Painting, Flooring, Repairs, Landscaping,
And Much More!
* MJM Improvements, LLC. Rick McClain Phone: 612-701-2827
* 2943 Washburn Avenue North randcm [at] usfamily.net
FROM: Souliyahn Keobounpheng 2009
"I work as an architect out of my house on 19th and Vincent. I'm self
employed. There are no design work for me right now due to economy. I
have experience in renovation a house, and taking care of my own house,
and a rental property. I am putting myself out there for work of any
kind that I can perform, including handyman services.
* Souliyahn Keobounpheng keobounpheng [at] gmail.com> 612-226-7196
* website: http://silvercocoon.com
FROM: Toni Huggar 2009
* Ron Cottew: 612-501-1925.
"I've used him for years he is professional; prices are reasonable;
work is done in a timely fashion and he cleans up after himself. He is
excellent for doors and windows."
* Gabriel Thomas 612-377-0994 .
"Does wonders with concrete. He is usually hired by major
construction companies. Quick, efficient and affordable."
FROM: Jim Lovestar 2009
Jim does his own work so has not had them work for him:
* Steve Loman Steve's Home Repair 612-508-1138 sdwlomen [at] yahoo.com
Wide range work including painting, decks, dry wall. Also has working
relationship with folks with several other skill like plumbing. Often
has an ad in North News
* Anthony Davis 2614 Upton Av N 612-226-5216
decks baths windows door lawn furniture, generally wood work
Also does catering and lawn service with his brother
* Mark Jacobson 12xx Thomas Av N 612-208-1729 no further info.
FROM: Jim Lovestar 8/18/10
I have two handymen for your consideration. I've never hired either
* Tyron (pronounced Tron) Davis 612-246-1412. He lives near me, I know
him pretty well and he is supporting a several kid family.
* John Binner 612-810-0310 lives near 40th and Thomas (I think). I met
him at the music, Live on the Drive, last week.
As with any handyman, be sure to ask for references.
FROM: mary of wot 8/18/10
* Kieth M Rott is awesome!!! call him! 612-990-4767
and call me and let me know if he does you wrong- i want to
he might even be WHO...I think he is 11th and R maybe...
FROM: Megan Goodmundson and ddarcel 8/19/10
* Derrick Lowe NEGATIVE COMMENDATION
ddarcel: He does not show up in a timely manner as planned
Sometimes he just does not show up. He was suppose
to show up today at 7am to finish the job. It is currently
11:00pm and I have not received a call from him yet.
Megan Goodmundson: He does not get good handyman references from me
either. ... unfortunately would not recommend his handyman services
FROM: Jabari Bush 1/24/12
* Dusty's Plumbing 763.286.8741 ask for Dusty a great [plumber]
that i use often, always reasonable and does high quality work.
FROM: Vivian Jenkins Nelsen 1/24/12
* Brian Bushay at 612-799-2073.
has done plumbing and other well done handy work for me.
FROM: Aaron Larson 2/6/13
* Plumber: Jay Nordstrom 763-549-0989. We've always hired him.
He's great - sometimes booked up, but worth a try.
FROM: 1ahayward 2/8/13
* Plumber: Trenk Mechanicals, 612-281-4720. He's great!
FROM: Margie Degen 2013
* Mike 612-570-0942
We had the pleasure of hiring a handyman off Craigslist today to do
a ceiling. I cannot say enough about this guy!! He was amazing. Polite,
considerate, trustworthy, quiet, perfectionist and AFFORDABLE!!! He is not
a NOMI neighbor, but just too great not to share with everyone. He does it
all and he cleans up!!! He vacuumed!!! With his own vacuum!!
FROM: Fred Olson 2014
* Alberto Rodriguez auto body specialist, car repair 612-590-2327 Arodworks@aol.com
* Alberto Rodriguez home repair 612-229-0203
I met him at my neighbor Dan's house working on a car and Dan reccomends him. Aug 2014
FROM: Fred Olson Dec 2017
* Computer support Chris Hamilton 612-504-9584
Installed windows etc on new computer system for a friend's business 12/10/17
She recommends him.
He has his own business CGS Minneapolis but also volunteers for Free Geek Twin Cities
which is dedicated to addressing the Digital Divide and Electronic Waste (eWaste)
though direct, local, community-driven action. Free Geek which is located in the Seward
neighborhood and open Wed - Sun noon to 5PM is a great place to donate used
computers and buy low cost refurbished computers. Chris may even be
able to help you with computer problems for free if you catch him when
he is volunteering at Free Geek.